Peter J Jackson, Funeral Directors
Veteran Affairs War Graves
Peter J Jackson, Funeral Directors
PO box 15 Merredin 6415 08 9041 1054
Sitemap  and website Menu
Peter J Jackson Modified:
document.write ( " " ); document.write ( " " + current_date.getFullYear() ); // -->
The Office of Australian War Graves is part of the Department of Veterans' Affairs. It provides and maintains, free of charge, official commemorations for eligible Australian Veteran's. War Service is an essential pre-requisite of eligibility. Veterans eligible for official commemoration are: VC winners 1. those in receipt of a totally and permanently incapacitated pension (T & PI) 2.those in receipt of an extreme disability allowance (EDA) 3.those in receipt of a disability pension plus an allowance under sub-section 27 (1) of the Veterans' Entitlement Act 1986 4.ex prisoners of war; 5.and those whose deaths are subsequently accepted as being due to war service. When the death of an eligible veteran is notified to Veterans' Affairs, the relevant State Branch notifies the Office of Australian War Graves who contact relatives to determine their wishes regarding the commemoration. There are a number of ways in which an official commemoration can take place. These are either the veteran's grave in a cemetery, by the placement of ashes in a crematorium or, alternatively, in an Office of Australian War Graves Garden of Remembrance. All those who served, whether they be eligible for official commemoration or not, and whose family wish to signify that the deceased was an ex-service person on their memorial, may use the appropriate service badge. Permission is granted upon receipt of a letter indicating the service details of the veteran and, preferably, a copy of the veterans discharge certificate.
Applications should be made to:  The Office of Australian War Graves  PO Box 21  Woden ACT 2606  When applying for an ensignia for a grave or plaque approval must be given from the Office of Australian War Graves. To simplify this application, print off the service record from and fax to (02) 6289 4861 and ask them to fax the approval back.   Freecall 1800 026 185
Caring for the families of the wheatbelt